The International English Language Testing System (IELTS) is the world’s most popular English language proficiency test for higher education. More than 11,000 academic institutions globally trust IELTS. Our intensive IELTS preparation course will help you communicate more confidently with people all over the world and pass an IELTS exam successfully to study in the UK or in any other English-speaking country.
Course duration: 4 months
CEFR levels: B2-C1 (Upper-Intermediate/Advanced)
What do English language CEFR levels mean?
Age groups: young people (16-18) and adults (19+)
Study method: online learning with tutor’s guidance and support
Course fees for 2023/2024 academic year: £720*
* IELTS exam fees are not included in our tuition fees.
Next course start date: 1 January 2024
Register by: 20 December 2023
By the end of the course, learners will:
- develop English language skills: grammar, reading, listening and writing
- expand vocabulary related to the following topics: family life and personal relations; leisure time, media and entertainment; work and careers; education; tourism and travelling; nature, the environment and energy; science and progress; culture, art and traditions; health and sport; global challenges; cities and infrastructure; countryside and agriculture; government and the authorities; business, finance and law
- improve communicative skills: interpersonal communication skills and cross-cultural communication skills
- learn IELTS exam preparation strategies and tips
Key features of the course
- Flexibility to suit your needs – allowing you to study anytime, anywhere
- An emphasis on personal and professional development through independent learning
- Relevance of topics, terminology and language skills to the context of interpersonal and cross-cultural communications and IELTS exam preparation
- Certificate of completion from Cambridge International School of English
Teaching and assessment
A tutor will guide you throughout the study process and mark and comment on your written work. The course work includes online practice tests, tutor-marked assignments and end-of-module assessment. Your tutor will open module sessions every week or every two weeks to help you gradually progress through the study materials. You and your tutor will primarily communicate with each other through email.
All study materials are provided on the module website. Microsoft Office presentations and Adobe Portable Document Format (PDF) versions of study material are available.
A computer with a browser and broadband internet access is required for this module. Functionality may be limited on mobile or tablet devices.
If you have a disability or particular study requirements, please tell us as soon as possible.
The Pass mark for the module is 50%.
Make an enquiry